- lifestyle -
How to Get Your Ass to the Gym
It’s been a long, cold winter. Time to wake that body up out of hibernation.
04 . 04 . 16
As you switch over from those cozy-as-hell sweaters to slim t-shirts, winter’s damage can no longer hide under that soft layer of fuzz.
We’re going to go out on a limb here and guess that after three long, cold months cooped up in side your apartment with Netflix, you’ve probably let a few things slide and haven’t given your body the attention it deserves.
Don’t worry, that’s natural; winter is brutal and arguably a million times harder to get motivated to head to the gym. We hear you. The thing is though, now it’s almost beach season and you will undoubtedly soon find yourself n some state of undress in front of other humans.
The month of April is a great time to get your body back into summer shape. You no longer (hopefully) feel March laziness and not yet are undergoing the time crunch stress of May. So the time has come to hit the gym.
We are working out at the David Barton Gym located at Limelight in NYC because we need the help of Jesus to get our body back into shape. However, if you can’t access a fitness center built in a former church, here are six gym motivation tricks that do the trick:
- Start the day stronger. Begin with something measurable in the morning. If you want to make a difference in your energy, you have to start with the morning. Even if you can’t change your whole routine right away, try and revamp your morning, which impacts how you feel the rest of the day. Start with hot water and lemon before coffee so that the first thing is nourishing. Then pass on that carb heavy option, and though away your cereal (cereal is the enemy for abs) and snatch up some fruit or a lean mean green smoothie. This will get you feeling stronger and give you that lasting energy you need to hit the gym.
- Plan your gym look the night before. We know you get excited to premier those new track pants. Who wouldn’t? They look great and feel amazing. Also, you know that expression, Look good, feel good? Well they left out the third part – workout good.
- Set an intention, you know like your yoga teacher and Opera taught you.
- Plan to work out with a new friend. This will make it more difficult to cancel rather then meeting up someone you are too comfortable with and will most likely pretend you overslept.
- Have a work out mix ready to go. Sometimes there is nothing like a good mix to get you wanting to spend some time on the elliptical.
- Two words, Zac Effron. #AbGoals. Stare long and hard at this mage. You two can have abs. We will leave you with this.